For lots of men, gaining muscle and being stronger is the main or only reason for working out. But lets put that fact aside for a minute - the benefits of gaining are for everyone;
- Gaining muscle is an enormous aide to weight loss – every 1kg of muscle causes your body to burn 2kg of fat over a year.
- Gaining strength will improve most other aspects of fitness, like speed, balance, power and body composition.
- Improved strength is desirable in all sports, even ones traditionally not thought to rely on it.
- Strength and muscle mass is particularly important for women, to prevent osteoporosis. Women often worry about “bulking up,” but the fact is that lower testosterone levels mean they can gain strength without putting on much muscle
- Injury prevention. Strength is big part of balance, and whatever your age, improving your balance is likely to see you reduce your risk of tripping, falling or other mishaps. Muscle tissue is also part of your bodies natural protection against impact – the more muscle, the more cushioning you have.
- Self Esteem and Self Image is a massive part of overall well being. We all know that we perform better in all aspects of life if we feel good about ourselves.
So, how can we help? The answer is, in any way you would like us to. Maybe you are simply not training yourself hard enough, or you need some structure and discipline from us. Maybe you have all the motivation you need, but would like a programme and advice from us. Maybe there is just one exercise you are not sure of. Either way, please call us.
We have seen most strength training programmes in practice, and can advise on the best parts to cherrypick from them, and what to dismiss. We have seen the result of poor technique in accidents and injuries, and will ensure this doesn’t happen to you.
Good nutrition is key to gaining muscle and strength. We work with you on this from the first time you meet us, to ensure you get the best from your hard work.
But most of all, what we can add to your own strength training is results. Please call us and we can discuss the ways in which we can accelerate your results.